YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Saturday, December 6, 2008

Quilting Slump

I have been in a quilting slump for moths now. I keep following lots of blogs hoping something will snap me out of it. was over reading Keryn's and like her I usually make Log Cabin blocks when I just want to sew. I have made I don't know how many Log Cabin quilts over the years so decided I should just sew something else. I knew I had two blocks from my Mystery quilt to do....but can only find one. So off I go and cut it out, so far so good....then the sewing....not so good. Made up the wrong 1/2 square triangles.....and can't find one of the packages. So much for that idea. Ah! I know. I'll sew up some blocks I cut out for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I had intended hand piecing this but as I'm in such a slump and done nothing on my Dear Jane for months I thought it best to machine piece it. And machine piecing is my love...so off I zoom. Managed to get five done (somehow I even managed to cut out two of the same block, but blind Freddy would be pleased to see it, so no complaints). As you can tell I love reproductions and am using lots of shirtings in this one. So lets hope I'm back into the patchwork and quilting world. Scary thought that I may not want to do it anymore -------WHAT WOULD I DO WITH ALL THAT FABRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy is having a Quiltathon this weekend so think maybe I'll keep going and get this slump thing beat.








1 comment:

pdudgeon said...

i have some of those fabrics too!
quilting is such a small world, isn't it. love your blocks and what you've done so far.