YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Saturday, October 31, 2015

Finishing Frenzy continues

Got up early this morning to go to a fabric sale.  Got 4 lovely fabrics for backings.  So got home and all inspired to sew.  I have been procrastitating over this quilt since this time last year - and it really has been a year.  I got this panel and co-ordinates at last years Brisbane Quilt Show.  It was to be a Christmas present 2014.  Shame on me.  So put the panel up and hummed and harred - AGAIN.  Trying to decide what blocks to make to fill in the gaps.

  
So went with a small mauve border to start me off and hey Presto that was it.  I realised it didn't need any pieced blocks as that would have been too over the top.




Fairy Quilt
Found some purple fabric I just HAD TO HAVE (well I did around 18 years ago) so have my backing ready to prepare and then get it quilted.  Was going to do fairies but that would be too, too much so thinking just wavy lines or something similar, just very simple.

So feeling very chuffed.  Have even written up my whiteboard with projects to get finished (funny but I just keep finding more with each cupboard I open)

No comments: