YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Sunday, January 3, 2016

A great week of quilting

Well it's Sunday night and the end of my holiday.  I've had two weeks off and spent the last six days sewing and quilting- well mostly quilting.  Pleased to report that I have quilted 7 quilts in that time. So now I have 9 to bind.  So I'm feeling really, really happy.  I could be on track to finish all the 22 quilts this year!!!!

I have to admit that 4 of them are pretty small by my standards.  I tend to make medium to large quilts, but a finish is a finish.

First one today was a pinwheel made many years ago.  Hardly have any of these fabrics left so hoping I have enough for binding.



This heart one I made when I first started patchworking.  Two friends and I each made a quilt and traded fabrics to do it.  I found it on the internet, must have been around 1997 - 1998. The name Marbled Hearts and Mary Graham come to mind, but not sure how accurate my memory is.  Was wondering what I would bind it with and looked my cupboard and amazingly found the blue fabric I used in the border.  Just amazing to still have it, thou I'm not sure when the borders were added so could have been a few years later.


1 comment:

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Wow, fabulous quilts! Love the hearts, the colours in each heart glow in the quilt. I looked back through your blog, you have been busy! Love that you are finishing a bunch so you can sit and hand sew! I am so going to do that.